Get your Santa on

... and oh boy did I!

We had to do the two-way family split this year as BFF and I both work holidays. As as Christmas Eve falls on a Friday, my mother-in-law took the lit'uns so Dadda could sleep because Mama works all day on Fridays. {Bonus: I got out early and got a bit of no-kids time with Jess before he had to leave and I had to shower.}We were able to plot about tomorrow morning, hehehe...

While I spent a couple hours at my cousin's for Christmas Eve, I did get a little tired of explaining the absence of the rest of my family. People don't always 'get' the whole not-everyone's-schedules-can-stop-for-the-holidays thing. Ah well, it was nice to see cousins I never get to see. Next year it'll be on the weekend and, unless our work schedules change again, we'll be able to see them all together.

So then I came home and cleaned up a bit before the BFF got home with the kids and I helped him get them into bed. As we chatted, I finished cleaning up the living room and after he left... Yup, I got my Santa on. Presents under the tree (with two toddlers this could not happen earlier!), unwrapped presents opened and set up, table leaf added and table cloth set up, three-tiered platter set-up, dishes and laundry done, even offered to put my presents under the tree (yup, he agreed!), and finally changed for bed! Whew!!

At some point I remembered that Bek likes to wake up to go potty around the 4 o'clock hour. We decided it best to put the unwrapped items in the pantry until Jess got home after 6. Praying for a good night's sleep for them, undisturbed and peaceful, without potty trips... AMEN! lol!

I have to add a comment about something which annoyed me earlier yesterday and today. So many facebook and in-person comments have been along the lines of "Can't wait for this to be over!" and "Two more days and we can take it all down!" etc. Really?? I think yes it gets stressful for some, although some try too hard. Yes it gets ridiculous with the stores and the Christmas music starting a month early on the radio (not to mention they play like 5 songs in 40 different versions!), but people don't *need* to spend so much time shopping and ever hear of CDs? Speaking of which... why can't those radio stations bend the rules a bit and play some real Christmas music?! Christians make awesome Christmas music - Go figure! I'm psyched the Christmas season has finally STARTED! Advent is over... come on, Advent? People forget the real reason and yes That bothers me.

So I got my Santa on. I spent three days shopping all together, plus some time online with Shuttterfly. I decorated a little at a time at the Shack. I played my CDs all through December and will continue through to Little Christmas. I wore Christmas socks too... okay that's a me thing entirely. I set up the presents under the tree and set the table up for Christmas dinner tomorrow night. I cleared up laundry because I am Not doing that tomorrow. I giggled my fool head off as I stuffed stockings. I'm ready to start celebrating Christmas, because I haven't started yet and I haven't spent hours at the mall and, well, you get the idea.

How did you get your Santa on?

Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment