There's a Hole in the Bucket

Finally have a night wherein chores end before 11pm and so I'll fill the gap with some NCIS and typing. Currently I'm fighting a nasty head cold and hoping my kids don't catch it (back) and hoping Jesse recovers from his bug as quickly as possible. This didn't stop me from running around with several items running through my mind. For those who don't know me well, not one item was completed before I started another.

It started with dishes, which were particularly excessive today. I hadn't even done breakfast dishes let alone the other meals and snacks, not to mention the cookie dishes from Jesse this afternoon. I lay the towel across the counter, had to blow my nose, noticed the bathroom trash full, remembered that tomorrow's trash day, pulled it out to the kitchen, and went on to something else which I now forget. I did get to the dishes and finished them straight through. Took 50 minutes or so. Then on to throwing the laundry in the dryer and don't forget to hang the stockings. There's the hooks on the counter in the laundry room.  Oh right - the trash. Oh and call mom. Hey, hockey's in overtime! Great game - oh right, trash. Trying to discuss meeting up tomorrow. Text from Jesse. Something else happened, which I now forget. Done conversation. Kitchen back in order, wait, trash. Oh and stockings. Check diaper pail - it's fine. Hook fell off Christmas tree. Angel which toddler broke is glued and dried, so let's put that back on. Trash. emptied all trash into kitchen bag, tied, and ready to go outside. Clothes for tomorrow. Oh, stockings! Need alcohol to clean surface where hooks are going. Might as well take out contacts now too. Take out trash. Check that house is all locked up. Stockings. Take meds before bed. Toss empty - whoops no bag in barrel. Fix that. Clean up clothes in bedroom. Somehow I got here.

Well, now that it's 11:37pm and the NCIS episode I've been watching while typing is almost over, I should sign off and shut this laptop down. Ever get distracted, one thing leads to another? Does it matter as long as everything gets finished in the end? Well, almost everything. I need to organize some clothes in drawers and get some other online things done. Tomorrow's another day... likely much like this one.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - minus the kiddies, that's my usual day! Except insert laundry where your trash is. Oh, and if anything can and will run late, it will. And I've got to make sure there is wood in the fire. Meantime, 10 more emails pop into my inbox, at least 4 of which are "actionable items" that require a response in a timely manner. Did I really feed the cat, or is she lying again. (Checks food). She's lying. Need to start dinner - oh, I forgot the #$%*ing fabric softener, run the rinse cycle again! Crap, I only left that pan on the stove for... whatever! Smoke! Aaah! The phone rings. Scott is on his way home from work and wants to tell me all about his day, but I really need to stir what's on the stove and, in haste, I only grabbed the corded phone which doesn't reach the stove. Did I do my reviews? When was that deadline? CAT! STOP TRYING TO TRIP ME! IT WILL NOT GET YOU FED! How long has that wet laundry been sitting in the washer?

    Shared empathy!!

    ReplyDelete