Truly Thankful

With the holidays officially kicked off in the secular world, I finally have a moment to relax, albeit at 11:35pm. for those who don't know, that's rather late for me since my kids start waking me around 6am ever since the latest Daylight Savings switch. Truth be told, I've been listening to my Christian Christmas music this whole week. Love it yet sick of the five same Christmas songs played over and over again in 40 variations on the radio. There's SO many other Christmas songs, in popular format even, that could be played! Ah well, that's the media for ya.

So we ended up having three Thanksgivings this year. My brother and sister-in-law came up from Texas last weekend to save money on travel (and take us to a Bruins game, yay!) so we Turkeyed it out this past Saturday with the fam. My BFF's family is holding festivities this Saturday (we have medical people, so sans days off). Then my ma's extended had us over today. I danced my Wii off and loved it. Sooo need to hit the gym again!

Bekah's found a  new love for her cousins, who she's been seeing more of lately. She's also found a new love  in Hayao Miyazaki. {Dig that!} We watched My Neighbor Totoro yesterday while VJ napped, then again today per her demand. Now everything kitty has become "To-to-ro Mama!" I Love it! Thinking Howl's (my fave) is too old for her but Kiki's might be good next, possibly Spirited too but I haven't acquired that flick yet.

Have I mentioned I L-O-V-E my Shack! >"This is Mah house!"< hehe... Still need to organize the pantry, get rid of boxes laying around, clean-up the books and art supplies, plus we have things at my parents which haven't yet migrated. Oh there's a laundry list of things to be done which won't go away... ever. I realize that. Yet in realizing that I also acknowledge which things need to be done sooner rather than later, especially certain things before the Christmas shin-dig, both the Open House and the Day itself. I'll settle for the bare minimum as the BFF has little to no time to help on these things and (yuck!) he's feeling under the weather. So here's to hoping I can hang some shelves, throw up some decor, tuck away some boxes, and figure out an affordable menu before 12/11 of this year.

Ah well, the youngest is fussing and there's been a light thud. I might have to poke my head in. *sigh* Please, Lord, a peaceful, restful, sleepful night for all involved... and please make Jesse all better. And Thanks for the beautiful home, amazing family, and supportive friends! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment