Day in the Life of the Godin Kids

EE-Gads two blogs in a row! Actually today I almost posted midday, which would've really been strange for me, but alas the lit'uns did not allow it. <shock face!> And really this blog's for them alone, since I didn't even have time to remove the super glue from my fingers yet... Ahem, let's begin from this morning...

Restless night. Downward belly bug for VJ and me. Nuff said.

Jesse came home to sleep some and get off to The Love Shack to finish the floors (Yay!) then go out for drinks with his brother (belated B-day thing). It's my mother's birthday today and I needed to get a card still. Gifts all set but kept forgetting the card, common thing for me. Planned on taking the kids to the mall at some point, then  to the Shack to visit the BFF for a few and head home (the almost no-longer-our home). Plans are great... aren't they?

Cranky children attack! Clinging, fighting, whining, crying for nothing... Yes a true toddler attack. Somehow we managed through most of the morning. Tried to put VJ down but he wanted nothing of it. Since Jess was still trying to sleep, I gave up and took  him back upstairs until noon. (Meanwhile Bekah had freaked out whenever I ran downstairs for something! Not like her.) Finally VJ goes down and Jesse starts getting up. Then I uh... the worst... see above...

Mama-daughter time rocks, especially when said daughter behaves better going solo and can be trusted (somewhat) alone while I take care of things. Wrapped a couple presents downstairs. She wanted to use lots of sticky tape... Lots! So with random bits of dog-hairy tape in long strips along the package, we finished. Then we needed to make a card. She'd been saying, 'Mammy, we got you a bear!' which she wasn't supposed to say but thankfully wasn't really understood by Mammy. We made a bear card. I cut out the bear and some circles to glue over the paws/tummy/ears/belly. Uh-oh... run Caroline!

The bear got glued together in  the bathroom... Yeah maybe you didn't need to know that, but too late. After, she actually successfully drew eyes, nose, and a mouth in the right places. It's the little things :) It was a first for her. Managed to not burn lunch and she actually wanted to eat it, my little nuthin' to her cutie. Then the moose woke up. Bekah freaked again as I went to get him. Weird for her. He gobbled lunch at first, then fussed and wanted no more. Then came his explosion, which my father took care of thankfully so I didn't burn the last sandwich (Papa's).

A little later all seems well as I'm laying on the couch drained from viral (yes it was not anything I ate) yuck. This is about when I wanted to blog. Really it had been a typical day, nothing too substantial, except the added whining and screaming. She sits down to read a book. He sits *right* beside her to do the same. His book cover flops onto her lap. She looks at it, perplexed, then flicks it back over. He looks at it, thinking, "Odd, I just opened that." Then he flips it opened again. This starts going back and forth a few times and neither whined or got mad or looked at the other child sitting right there. They seemed, for a moment, curious as to how the book kept coming back at them. I burst out in laughter, unable to even suggest that someone move over. They looked up, smiling, laughing, giggling, and continued with ear-to-ear grins now. It was one of moments that should've been on video but never could be. A had-to-be-there laugh-out-loud hysteria moment.

They day returned to screaming/whining/clinging-to-mama in a short while. I managed to run downstairs to move laundry along with Bekah's help to the tune of a screaming VJ upstairs with the 'rents. They freaked again when my parents went out to eat for my mother's birthday. I grabbed a Dora episode for them while I cooked frozen Mozzarella Sticks and Chicken Nuggets and reheated some veggies for supper. Bekah went gourmet and mixed her dips of  ketchup, honey, and ranch. Dinner seemed to be going well until suddenly it wasn't interesting and VJ pulled off his bib and demanded Blue. (Blueberry the monkey is supposed to be a sleep buddy only...) That's it! Clean up and showers.

Yes, showers. They wash each other and it's SO Fracking Cute! Once we got past Bekah multiple 'I haz go poopy!' moments and his peeing on the floor (*sigh*) the shower went well, mostly. He screamed and cried whenever she touched him and I still don't know what's up with that. Bedtime was actually precious. We read three stories, I sang my bedtime blessing song to them, we prayed, and then Bekah went potty one more time. She was out about five minutes after crawling into bed. He took the folding of a load of laundry plus laying out tomorrow's clothes and turning on the laptop.

And here we are. Rinse. Repeat.

1 comment:

  1. upon re-reading i realize i never explained the superglue... and a few other colors to my day... absentmindedness isn't going to help this writer if keeps from the fun of reading

    ReplyDelete