Moving Onward and Counting Blessings

{This is take two: I had barely gotten to the predicate of the first sentence in last night's blog attempt. I blame Smallville.}

I'm starting to jot down notes of things I'd like to blog about because by the time I've gotten around to typing I've forgotten all I wanted to say (or lost the muse of how to say it). My forgetfulness has truly spilled into all aspects of my life. I got to work and started booting up my laptop when I realized I hadn't completely finished dressing myself as my scrub top was untied. Could've been much worse, I know, but still.

My emotional rollercoaster doesn't help the matter as the post-natal hormones still haven't settled down. Oh could still cry at commercials and lose my cool due to a spoon in the sink. I might even watch something absolutely precious smash into little pieces and not flinch. You simply never know how I'll react. Poor Jess.

Speaking of my BFF, have I mentioned what a busy bee he is lately. (Shouldn't say lately.) I got a wonderful text this afternoon of 'It seemed like a good idea in my head.' and the picture was of the lit'uns painting a wooden bird feeder at the kitchen table... naked. Awesome. Can't wait to post it if he hasn't done so already. Oakey's going to love the little house painted to look like camouflage (not on purpose). After seeing this wonderful creation in person, I walked back into the living room to notice our Jesus picture was hanging on the wall finally. It looks great where he placed it. Then I turned to see that our engagement photo was hanging on the other side. I love it! Then I turned towards the bedroom to see the collage frame up as well... with beautiful black and white beach and family pictures from places and of people we don't know. Ah yes, never did go out for photo-printing paper to fill the little frames in that thing.

Among other to-dos would be the Christmas cards which (yay!) came in and need to be addressed. Sadly my return address labels haven't yet come in, but I still need to get to writing the addresses to those on the receiving end. I've decided to find a new labeling program after the holidays. I'll do my best to write neatly until then... honest I will!!

Okay, addressing will be a tomorrow thing. I spent a long while putting away canned goods and other food from our local pantry. Hooray for qualifying for some assistance finally and bigger hooray for God's Blessing as our insurance bill went way up and our grocery money got cut short! We got TONS of food for free and get to do so every month! It's not the brand names we go for or all the things we might get on our own, but it's a hand-out and we really needed it. Thank you God as You always provide when we're in greatest need!

All right folks, I need to put the head to the bed. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment