The Dowry: prequel to The Move

{For those who have followed my most recent facebook post, the shifting of the dowry happened between 2:30pm and 3:45pm this afternoon during 'great.'}

Somewhere around January 2006 my loved ones threw me a bridal shower, complete with a pre-show of my mother running back and forth with a bouquet of flowers for me as no one knew through which door we'd be coming. It was beautiful, fun, and hilarious even as Jesse took his brunch to the 'present area' refusing to not eat while opening presents. Well, four and a half years later those many fabulous items remain all packed up... in the attic of my parents house. Not exactly the original intent.

Now as the elated new owners of the Love Shack, we were finally able to move what I have longingly called the Dowry out from the filth-encrusted, bug-carcass covered, musty, dusty attic. Nothing against my parents of course but... it's an attic... and I'm not kidding about the dead bugs. (ewwww...)

It was interesting seeing things come down. Hunched over and working the quads, I slid everything, box-by-box, over to the opening and lowered things to Jesse. At times I paused to say things like, "We *have* one of those?!" or "I forgot all about that!" but mainly to marvel at the limited cabinet space in the Shack and how many 'things' we now  had to put in them. Wine glasses. Yup! Going from one attic to another basically! Turkey fryer... oh, how we love thee... Crap! Oil's leaking... not good! Ooh! Delicate box! Light box. Heavy box. Awkward box. Um, all towels box... toss it down! Amazingly, and mostly thanks to my wonderful BFF who can really... ahem, he's good at arranging items in storage areas of travel... we fit everything in the trailer for travel!

Yes folks, our Dowry has officially moved from ma & pa's attic to our new little Shack! Okay, well, it's still in the trailer which is in the driveway, BUT we haven't finished (and by we I mean him) the floors. Those will be done Friday, after we charge for some more polyurethane. I must say we're only just now going to the fake money. Proud of us!

So... PROPS to my BFF for getting the job done and props to my brother-in-law for his immense help and props to our parents (all four) for  helping to watch the kids at times and big thanks to all who have been asking to help even though we haven't exactly accepted yet. I should address that, by the way.

As everything is happening here and there and we have an order of operation but no set timeline, we haven't been able to give dates of moving or exact times/ways to help. All I can say for certain is that we're working on things this weekend and I _may_ be painting Tuesday and Wednesday. The only big things to be 'moved' are our beds and one couch, maybe a small recliner, oh and a TV. The rest is fairly small and lots of boxes of stupid-little-things and clothes. That move will happen once every major project (outlets, lights, floors, painting) is done and those things are most Jesse-do-it things. I can't even help with those, except the painting. I might ask for help on that, but we'll see when it really ends up happening.

Bear with us! *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment