Love Shack

So as I come home from a wonderful wedding, where played a necessary wedding song, 'Love Shack', I must exclaim a few exciting updates for our little Love Shack.

My BFF has been working (as he's a general contractor among other things) on our new humble abode whenever he's not dispatching, stuck with two lit'uns, or sleeping... the latter of which is rare. Our basic Honey-Do list has been to switch the electrical from fuses to breakers, refinish the hardwood floors (they are small but it's a job!), paint a bit, add closet organizers, and hook up the new washer and dryer. We've already changed the locks and gotten the new W/D into the house and Jess sanded the floors. With all his hard work he's just about half-lived there already. He excitedly told my parents that he'd made his first purchase for the house the other day: toilet paper! Today, we got our first pack of mail and it was... you guessed it: mostly junk! Actually it was mostly oil companies looking for business, but still exciting to see our names with the new address.

We have much work to be done even after we do move in (hopefully in a couple weeks). The kitchen is, well, you could roll down it. We plan to break up the concrete steps in the back and build a small deck. We also want to *eventually* go up a floor. It's a two bedroom ranch-type house. Technically it's a full basement but tiny (built in 1922). We'll see how financing goes...

In the meantime, we're in the transitional period where my October paychecks become non-existent (much like they've always felt but more so) to pay the mortgage. I won't cry, shake, or panic... I've been advised not to as things always "work out somehow." I am _clinging_ to that notion. Hey, it may be a shack, but it's MY little shack and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Yay blog!! :) Good to hear about the house, too. It does work out, tho' DANGED if I know how. It's beyond my mortal ken.

    Now I can add you to my blogroll! Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete