Painter at Work, Look out!

Finally, the kitchen is no longer yellow! Unfortunately the yellow still seems to show through, that and the color doesn't match the living room as planned, but it still looks _much_ better! Now the floors need to be dealt with (ahem, a subject I shall not go into for my poor BFF's sake!) before I can paint the kids' room.

Yay! Going to have a kids' room! Poor Bekah still doesn't get it though. We were playing with graph paper as I tried to decide how to arrange beds and such in the rooms and my little helper kept putting Mama and Daddy's bed next to hers. Cute. So I cut out the bedrooms and placed them next to each other on the floor as they are in the Shack. I explained that our bed would be in a different room and Bekah and VJ will get their very own room *without* Mama and Daddy. Blank stare. It's a work in progress.

Speaking of progress... Yay again kitchen! So I'd taken the day off to paint all the nooks and crannies of the textured wall (ick! pain-in-the-butt!) and I was taking a break for lunch. We had granola bars, chips, water, and soda... and- ooh Chinese food! Okay, so when I'm alone and working and I'm in a good mood (I had been jamming out with iTunes all the while - a sight gladly not seen!) I can eat almost anything. Leftover Chinese with no microwave? Whatever! No forks? Fine! So I'm sitting with my back to the door at a Mickey Mouse Club table, yes on the little Mickey Mouse Club chair, eating cold Chinese noodles out of the box with a plastic spoon when the oil guy knock on the door. Classy baby, oh yeah! We did get a discount on the bill though as long as we pay within 15 days instead of 30. Jesse assures me this is not a sympathy discount, but one never knows.

So I made to home-ownership! Really we made it. I couldn't have done Any of this without my BFF to whom I have of late been the tension calmer. Really I don't know what we'd do if we both flew off the deep end at the same time. Best we take turns! I must be in good mojo lately though because when we got home the kids paid him no heed and jumped all over me. Weird. They still cry for him in their sleep though. Sometimes they cry other things. I swear I just heard VJ say, "Fahhh Kooo" but one can't be too sure. After all, where would he Ever have heard such a thing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment